The course is taught by Malcolm Ingry MIExpE, a veteran of many films including:
Saving Private Ryan,
Band of Brothers,
The World is not Enough,
Die Another Day
They look great, sound amazing but do you really know what you are dealing with? Learn the essentials of High Explosives. This course is for awareness of special effects in the use of explosives, detonators and accessories.
- To train sfx personnel in accordance with the Regulations in the Approved Code of Practice.
- To introduce new products, techniques and ideas now available.
- To examine environmental aspects of the "effect" in order to reduce disturbance.
- Carry out Risk Assessments on each effect.
- Historical development of explosives
- Explosives characteristics
- Explosives types
- Firing accessories
- Special effects planning
- Risk assessment
- Practical training
- Security and storage
- Transport of explosives
- Environmental disturbance
A great chance to get one of a kind Portfolio and Show Reel material.
The syllabus topics are supported by written exercises on the practical aspects of special effects.
An examination will be held at the end of the course, a certificate of attendance will also be provided on successful completion of the exam.
This is a CBI qualification that is recognised by BECTU and Equity.
People with a criminal record involving a firearm offence within the last ten years are not eligible for this course.
A police check will be requested for all applicants.